Our bicycles are shipped fully boxed via courier. They will require a small amount of assembly which usually includes inserting and tightening handlebars and attaching pedals. We strongly recommend that your local bike shop carries out this assembly and that they check the bike before riding as well as completing a service within one month of riding. Copenhagen Bicycle Kompany will not be liable if a fault arises due to incorrect assembly. Please keep the assembly receipt from the bike shop together with your warranty.
Our bicycles are intended for use on roads and well-made paths.
No liability is accepted for damage caused through neglect, improper use (including off-road cycling), lack of regular servicing, road accident/collision, or anything other than faulty materials or workmanship.
- Our bicycles are covered by a warranty for the main frame and forks, commencing from the date of purchase, for faulty materials or workmanship. This is presently 5 years for steel frames and 2 years for aluminium frames.
- The fork and frame are guaranteed for 2 years against corrosion.
- Non-wearing parts on your bicycle (crank arms, mudguards, etc.) are covered by a 1-year warranty.
- Components which are expected to wear as part of their normal function, such as tyres, bulbs, chains, sprockets, brake pads etc. are excluded from the terms of this warranty, unless there is a manufacturing defect in the part.
- Other items excluded from warranty are the saddle, luggage, paint, chrome, polished aluminium items, or decal where deterioration has been caused by normal wear and tear, exposure or lack of correct maintenance.
- Any part found to be defective during the warranty period will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Copenhagen Bicycle Kompany.
- Copenhagen Bicycle Kompany may, at its discretion, make repairs or replacement of defective parts falling outside the warranty period, but such work shall not be deemed to be any admission of liability.
- This warranty is invalidated if you sell your bike. A warranty is not transferable under any circumstance.
- Please keep records of all maintenance carried out by your local bike shop and please ensure you make these service records available, if requested, whenever service, repair or warranty work is undertaken on your bicycle.
- Defects caused by faulty adjustment, or repairs and alterations are not covered by this warranty.
- Defects caused by the use of non-original parts and accessories are not covered by this warranty
- The warranty does not cover bikes used on a commercial basis, e.g. by couriers or despatch riders, rentals, etc.
- Should a warranty claim become necessary, Copenhagen Bicycle Kompany shall not be liable for expenses incurred while the bicycle is off the road, including costs associated with loss of use, inconvenience, lost time, commercial losses or other incidental or consequential damages.
- Should a warranty claim become necessary please contact us, as we will be happy to discuss how we can help.
- This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
- This Warranty shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any questions arising in connection with this Warranty are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.